What is SCHLRN-L?
SCHLRN-L was started in 1994 and is the third oldest nursing discussion list on the Internet. At present there are 1800 + subscribers from 16 countries on 6 continents.
How to Join SCHLRN-L
SCHLRN-L has moved. It is transitioning from a discussion list to a community in SchoolNuresNet.
In the community, SCHLRN-L participants will have a discussion list, a resource library, an event calendar, and a group directory. The group is open to all audiences and does not require membership in NASN. This list is unmoderated but monitored.
Watch this brief, 5-minute video for help joining OR go directly to SchoolNurseNet to join. You will be required to login on SchoolNurseNet. If you do not have a login, you can create one.
A discussion group organized for school nurses, school nurse practitioners, school nurse teachers, and school nurse managers.
- Promote networking among school nurse professionals.
- Assist in the dissemination of research and technological advancements that would enhance the delivery of care to the student population.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of legislation, policy, and regulatory issues which affect school nurse practice.
- Support school nurses working in isolated educational settings with resources and information.
- Disseminate information about continuing education opprtunities, grants, advanced practice, and professional organizations.
If you have any question about the SCHLRN-L list, write to the list monitor: Sheila Caldwell firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read archives for messages sent through the in the old list