Posting date: 5/25/2018
Closing date: 6/25/2018
Position title: Nursing Education and Practice Specialist
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Exempt
The National Association of School Nurses (NASN) seeks a registered nurse with knowledge of school health, public health, or related field for our education team. This is a full-time position in Silver Spring, Maryland. Candidate must function well in a fast-paced environment.
Position Description, Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Nursing Education Project Manager works with a team to provide oversight and project management for education programs, products, and services for the professional development of school nurses. This position also includes cross-functional team collaboration and working with board members.
Education – Master’s degree in nursing, public health, or related field; doctoral degree in nursing practice preferred
Work Experience and Skills - at least five years of current and active registered nurse licensure
- Knowledge of the current trends and issues in school health, nursing education process, and adult learning;
- Experience with the development, supervision and implementation of educational programs;
- Experience with development of clinical guidelines and translating evidence to practice
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Experience in scholarly writing for peer-reviewed publications;
- Skills and experience in writing for grant and foundation funding and/or sponsorship for educational projects;
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint;
- Project management skills;
- Basic data analysis skills;
- Knowledge of needs assessment and program evaluation skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Ability to develop and administer a budget; and
- Knowledge of the continuing nursing education process, instructional design, and adult learning principles is desired.
Benefits: Include, health, paid time off, 403(b) retirement account.
An email with the subject line Nursing Education and Practice Specialist should have the following documents attached:
2) Letter of interest with salary requirement
Special Instructions: Please submit to Slatimore-Johnson@nasn.org by midnight on 6/25/2018.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Sherry Latimore-Johnson at email@example.com by June 25, 2018.
Direct all inquires to Sherry Latimore-Johnson, Director of Human Resources & Operations Manager.