Open date: 10/06/2021
Closing date: until filled
Position title: Program and Project Specialist
What You'll Be Doing
Support educational and professional development programs and projects including national conferences, online and face-to-face training, communities of practice, and print and electronic resources such as guidelines, white papers, and toolkits. Support to include providing logistical support and volunteer, speaker and subject matter coordination, evaluation support (metrics, compilation of reports), content editing and reference checking, and coordination of meetings.
Provide technical and project management assistance to school nurses regarding the development of educational programs and resources, including participating in the development of program plans and schedules, scheduling and coordinating project meetings and maintaining project documentation and status reports.
Implement educational programs as needed including, coordinating program and speaker logistics, managing registration, collating results of surveys using Survey Monkey or Qualtrics, managing evaluations.
Provide support to the National School Health Data Set: Every Student Counts! Program including assisting in the development, implementation, and coordination of data champion activities. This includes arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings, organizing, and managing training events, facilitating timely and regular communications among volunteers.
- Maintain timely and accurate communications with volunteers, presenters, subject matter experts, and other points of contact.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation relating to areas of responsibility.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities (Departmental/project-related duties):
- Serve as a collaborative member of a cross-functional administrative team focused on program development but cross-trained in other areas including membership and conference registration.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- A passion for education and/or continuous learning and adult learning theory. Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work as part of a team, take initiative, think proactively, and promote best practices for the team mission.
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- At least 3 years of coordination and office experience.
- Degree in public health.
- At least 1 year of experience in association education, meeting, or training coordination.
- Experience working with association management software, and learning management systems, and familiarity with online training development tools.
- To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to Sherry Latimore-Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday