Posting date: 10/10/2018
Closing date: 11/10/2018
Position title: Nursing Education and Practice Specialist
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Exempt
This non-profit organization is a 501(c)(3) membership association with 17,000 school nurse members who work in public and private schools. We seek an experienced registered nurse with knowledge of school health, public health, or related field, to join our dynamic and dedicated staff team. This full-time position is based in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Position Description, Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Nursing Education and Practice Specialist works with a team to provide oversight and program management for education programs, products, and services for professional development of school nurses. The position requires functioning well in a member/customer focused environment that includes proficiency in the use of technology to accomplish work goals. This position also includes cross-functional team collaboration and working with board members.
Education – Master’s degree in nursing, public health, or related field; doctoral degree in nursing practice preferred
Work Experience and Skills - at least five years of current and active registered nurse licensure
- Knowledge of the current trends and issues in school health, nursing education process, and adult learning;
- Experience with development, supervision and implementation of educational programs;
- Experience with development of clinical guidelines and translating evidence to practice;
- Proficiency in oral and written communication and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Experience in scholarly writing for peer-reviewed publications;
- Skills and experience in writing for grant and foundation funding and/or sponsorship for educational projects;
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint;
- Basic data analysis skills;
- Proficiency in program needs assessment evaluation skills;
- Critical thinking skills; and
- Knowledge of the continuing nursing education process, instructional design, and adult learning principles is desired.
Education - Doctoral degree in nursing practice
Work Experience and Skills - project management skills and ability to develop and administer a budget.
Benefits: Include, health, paid time off, 403(b) retirement account.
An email with the subject line Nursing Education and Practice Specialist should have the following documents attached:
2) Letter of interest with salary requirement
Special Instructions: Please submit to Slatimore-Johnson@nasn.org by midnight on 11/10/2018.