NASN School Nurse clinical journal is seeking our next Editor.
Since the January 2011 debut of the NASN School Nurse (NASN SN), the journal’s first Editor, Cynthia Galemore, created and led this clinical resource journal. In October 2023, Ms. Galemore will retire from the Editor role. The National Association of School Nurses (NASN) applauds her work over the years.
In preparation for the next era of the NASN SN, NASN issues a call for Editor. The Editor of NASN SN envisions and manages the development of each of the six annual issues, consults with the members of the Editorial Advisory Board and Editorial Panel, and connects with authors. The experience provides an insider perspective on scholarly publishing and reviewing. The skills, experience, and expertise brought to the Editor role enhances the school nursing specialty. The NASN SN Editor converses and collaborates with The Journal of School Nursing (JOSN) Executive Editor. NASN provides support for the Editor to attend both the annual in person JOSN Editorial Advisory Board meeting and the in person NASN Annual Conference (both held in the same location). The Editor is a consultant position with NASN, reporting to the NASN Chief Executive Officer.
Requirements include a history of authoring and reviewing peer-reviewed publications and a working knowledge of evidence-based practice or quality improvement projects. Applicants must be an RN, with school nursing experience preferred. All qualified applicants will receive consideration; individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information, contact the Editor, Cynthia Galemore @firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and a letter outlining your interest and strengths to Kate McDuffie @email@example.com
This call is open until NASN fills the position with a desired start date in August or September 2023.
The Editor of NASN SN:
- Manages the editorial process for clinical practice manuscripts via an online submission system.
- Assigns clinical practice manuscripts to reviewers and recommends revisions.
- Monitors peer review timeliness of the clinical practice submissions.
- Recruits authors for manuscripts from clinical practice perspectives.
- Determines final acceptance or rejection of manuscripts.
- Edits and reviews articles and issue proofs prior to publication.
- Facilitates the selection and recording of a podcast for each issue featuring one of the issue’s articles.
- Contributes Letters from the Editor a minimum of one issue per year.
- Participates in the “Meet the Editor” event as directed by NASN at the annual conference.
- Leads the NASN SN Editorial Advisory Board meetings held 3-4 times annually.
- Leads the NASN SN Editorial Panel meeting once a year in February.
- Provides a brief report for the NASN Board of Directors twice annually in December and May.
- Promotes the journal’s visibility and reputation among practicing school nurses and other student health experts.