NASN members are more influential than they know! Through the influence of NASN members, 1,500+ individuals have joined NASN.
NASN Members who participate in the NASN Strong initiative earn $10 in NASN e-commerce credits for each new member referred. Credits can be used towards dues renewal payments, NASN annual conference registration, and purchases in the NASN bookstore.
Guidelines for NASN members:
Refer a colleague and receive a $10 NASN e-commerce credit.
Individuals referred must be brand new members or lapsed members who are reinstating.
Refer as many individuals as you can.
Credits earned can be redeemed by NASN members only. If a membership lapses and is cancelled, any earned credits connected to the membership expires.
Credits earned will automatically be applied to online purchases and can only be used with online purchases.
Credits earned may be applied to a dues renewal payment online, a bookstore purchase online, or a live program registration online.
Credits will expire one year after being earned.
Guidelines for individuals joining:
Join as a brand new member or reinstate a lapsed membership.
Use the online membership application when joining or reinstating a lapsed membership.
In the appropriate "box" on the application, enter the NASN member who referred you and include additional detail to help NASN identify the NASN member and log their e-commerce credit.
Join one of following membership types: Active or Associate.
Pay an annual dues payment. Quarterly dues payments are not eligible for this campaign.
Tips for participating members:
- Identify prospective members -- identify individuals in your professional network who could benefit from NASN membership. When you are networking and meeting new individuals, consider asking them if they are a member of NASN. Ask about their professional development needs and what types of information or resources would be useful to them. Based on their responses, highlight the NASN resources that address expressed needs.
- Familiarize yourself with the vast benefits of NASN membership -- refer to the Just for NASN Members web page. Keep membership materials with you including the resources listed below.
- Refer prospective members to NASN's website.
- Share your testimonial about how NASN enhanced your practice -- remember why you joined and how your membership experience with NASN has benefited your practice; maybe you had an unforgettable experience at a meeting or conference, or joined because you read The Journal of School Nursing or the NASN School Nurse and gained valuable information. Share examples with your colleagues.
Hear Barbara Masenior's testimony.
Hear Nancy Manzo-Mattucci's testimony.
- Invite them to join and tell them how to join.
- Follow up with them, if possible.
- Thank them for considering an NASN membership.
Handout Communicates the Value of Professional Membership
Digital Membership Tool: Use this version when it will be viewed online. It includes hyperlinks to resources referenced in the document. Download the Digital Version
Printable Membership Tool: Use this version when it will be printed and viewed offline. It includes a QR code that, when scanned, links to more information about membership. Download the Printable Version
Maximize Your Time with NASN Membership
Download this infographic.
NASN Strong initiative promo
You are more influential than you think
Just for NASN Members: Member-only content from NASN