Promote NASN membership by presenting an annual scholarship for new active member attending the NASN annual conference.
Benefit of Membership
NASN members benefit from the scholarship by attracting new members to NASN, which results in greater revenue, visibility and influence of the organization.
This scholarship was established in 2001. It recognizes a new member, joining NASN for the first time, and supports attendance at the annual conference.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Current license as a registered nurse in state of employment.
- Current employment as a school nurse.
- Joined NASN for the first time during the twelve-month period ending March 31 of the current year.
- Members of NASN Board of Directors, staff, contractors or their immediate families are not eligible.
- One (1) scholarship not to exceed $1500 to attend the current year’s annual conference. The scholarship can only be used to pay for expenses of registration, travel and lodging for the NASN annual conference.
- One eligible member will be selected by a random process.
- Recipient’s name will be communicated to the NASN membership.
- Rules and a disclaimer will accompany all publicity of the award.
New members will automatically be added into the random drawing. No application process beyond the application for membership required.
Applicants must be 18 years of age to enter. Members of the NASN Board of Directors, staff, contractors or their immediate families are not eligible. Winner will be selected through a drawing in April. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize value are the sole responsibility of prize winner. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible new members.