The most complete school nursing text! Now in its 3rd Edition. What's new in this edition?
- Includes the Framework for 21st Century School Nursing PracticeTM.
- Continuous quality improvement added to the chapter on the school nurse role in research and evidence-based practice.
- Refocused chapter on school nurse collaboration includes community partnerships.
- Refocused chapter on cultural congruence in school nursing practice.
- Expanded section on children with special healthcare needs.
Table of Contents (scroll down for this).
© 2019 Paperback 1008 pages
$98.00 NASN Member Price
$109.95 Non-member Price
BUY NOW IN THE NASN BOOKSTORE ONLINE.
An eBook option is available from F.A. Davis Company. NASN members are eligible for a 10% discount on the eBook option. Discount code and ordering information appears under the book image on this page for members (be sure to sign in if you are an NASN member to view the code).
View chapter 39 for a glimpse of this resource.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Specialty Practice of School Nursing
1. Historical Perspectives of School Nursing
2. The Profession of School Nursing
3. Standards of School Nursing Practice
4. Frameworks and Models of School Nursing Practice
5. The School Nurse’s Role as a Health Educator
6. The School Nurse’s Role in Evidence-Based Practice, Quality Improvement, and Research
7. School Nurse Collaboration with Community Partners
Part II: Legal Foundations for School Nursing
8. The Law and School Nursing Practice
9. Federal Laws Protecting Students with Disabilities
10. Health and Education Plans for Students with Special Healthcare Needs
Part III: Understanding Students and Families
11. Growth and Development: Preschool Through Adolescence
12. The Student’s Family
13. Cultural Congruence in School Nursing Practice
Part IV: Health Promotion/ Disease Prevention/ Acute Care in Schools
14. Health Promotion and Screenings for School-age Children
15. Disease Prevention in Schools
16. Students with Common Health Complaints
17. Health Issues Related To Physical Activity and Athletics
18. Skin Disorders
19. Students with Acute Illness and Injury
20. Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Response for Schools
Part V: Students with Special Healthcare Needs
21. Students with Chronic Conditions
22. Students with Allergies
23. Students with Chronic Respiratory Conditions: Asthma and Cystic Fibrosis
24. Students with Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder and Specific Learning Disabilities
25. Students with Diabetes
26. Students with Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Intellectual Disabilities and Autism
27. Students who are Overweight
28. Students with Seizures and Epilepsy
29. Students with Other Chronic Conditions
30. Students Supported by Medical Technology
Part VI: Student Mental and Behavioral Health
31. Student Behavior Assessment and Management
32. Students with Mental/Behavioral Health Concerns and Disorders
33. Student Victimization
34. Students Engaging in High-risk Behaviors
35. Students who are Pregnant and Parenting
Part VII: School Health Management
36. School Health Office Management
37. Funding and Budgeting for School Health Services
38. Wellness Promotion for School Staff
39. Management of School Health Staff